Wednesday, February 14, 2007

Happy V-Day!


Every year for Valentine's Day, I have tried to make a special meal. Granted, it's a sort of self-serving gift, but it's always fun to eat a nice, big meal that I've never made/eaten before.

This year it was a Mediterranean theme, so I made an assemble-your-own pita meal. I made shish kabobs with steak and chicken and laid them on a bed of couscous and sauteed garlic. Then I cut up a platter of tasty fixings, including hummus, cucumbers, onions, kalamata olives, tomatoes, mushrooms, carrots, green peppers, and feta cheese.


Heat up some pitas, and you're ready to go! Oh, and dessert was a berry salad, with blackberries, strawberries, and grapes. Mmm...and I got to light tapers!

Oh, and earlier today Dave gave me a present - a Peanuts book of love-related sayings. Very cute! Now we're going to go watch "The 40-Year-Old Virgin" while I do law homework. I love Valentine's Day!

No comments: