Tuesday, October 17, 2006

Safety in numbers

I never predicted how comforting it might be to be in class, around other students, but it really does help to have fun professors and classmates at a time in your life when you're going through a lot of stress.

Even when you've gotten bad news - the WORST news - it helps to be around other people, and I do confess that I really enjoy being around my professors and (almost) all of my classmates. Today could have been a really horrible day, but because of some of the great people I've gotten to know this semester, it turned out to be all right.

2 comments:

Sara Sherman said...

Valerie,
I'm sorry that I was the one to give you and Michelle the bad news. It was one of the hardest things I've done, and dreaded doing it. Glad your professors and classmates are there for you. My co-workers have been great.
Mom

Valerie said...

Well, I haven't really told too many people at school about the whole situation yet, because I don't really feel like talking about it a whole lot. But they are still good to be around, and the ones I did tell seemed to be really concerned.