Sunday, October 01, 2006

Medicated bliss

Oy. Unbelievably, I am still sick. I don't know how. Last week was hell, and Saturday I finally got to a doctor. (Unavailable during the week.)

Apparently the diagnosis is that I came down with flu last weekend, which turned into a sinus infection and bronchitis. Yahoo! But I am still alive, damnit. And medicated!

And my doctor was able to give me my prescription free of charge (in sample form) because my health insurance still hasn't kicked in yet. (Another freebie in my law student world...)

I've been on a diet I don't recommend trying. Obviously, for the past few weeks I have been on the Law School Diet, which is that I walk two miles a day and barely eat. Now I'm on the Sick Law Student Diet, which is that I now take the L (as I am too weak to walk two miles), and feel too nauseous to eat all the time.

So, as you can guess from above statements, I was unable to go to the leukemia benefit walk last night, although I think I still get a free sweatshirt and obviously the Leukemia & Lymphoma Society still benefits from all the money that people donated on my behalf. The doctor recommended against it, but ultimately I just can't 1) breathe or 2) stand for more than 10 minutes at a time. So, instead, I spent most of yesterday in a drug-induced haze.

I did, however, want to post some pictures of the event I was able to go to last week:


My first Cubs game! (Versus the Brewers)


We got there a little late, so it was about the second inning. It was also a little cold, and I was a little on the sick-out-of-my-mind side, so we left in the seventh.


I love Cubs fans in the Friendly Confines. I love the way they yell helpful hints to their team, such as: "Catch it!" or "Please try!"


The game was pretty sad, at least the parts that we saw. I told Dave and some of my classmates later that it was like watching two retarded children fall over each other repeatedly.

No one got any runs whatsoever, and the Cubs didn't even touch first base until the sixth inning. Then, when we finally hit a triple, the guy ruined it by trying to steal home and then freezing up and letting the Brewers tag him. Oh well. Apparently the Cubs won after we left.

So, that was my week, and what a week it was.

2 comments:

Meesh said...

I hope you feel better Val!! Although by the sound of it, I don't think you can do anything but get better!

Sorry you couldn't walk for leukemia, I know that meant a lot to you.

Sara Sherman said...

Valerie, I'm also sorry you didn't walk, but you had no business walking for a cure when you are sick. You know, I was thinking about it, and I should've just walked in your place. Sure, now I think of it.