Wednesday, August 23, 2006

A newbie again

OK, I'm in the middle of briefing a case about contract law, so I'll make this quick.

I'm sitting in the law lounge right now, watching all the students interact with each other and greet each other after a summer's absence. All those people made it through their first year, and they're almost halfway to becoming lawyers.

Being the bottom of the totem pole again makes me feel like a kid again! And that's not a bad thing - being among 250 other nervous kids who don't know what they're doing makes me not feel so bad about being...a nervous kid who doesn't know what I'm doing!

At least the 3Ls don't look as old to me as the 4th graders did when I was in 1st grade...I wonder if I stick out? ;o)

2 comments:

Julie said...

Wow, you're briefing cases on your third day?? Crazy! Granted, I have no clue what "briefing a case" means, but it sounds like a lot of work.

Valerie said...

To brief a case is basically just to summarize it in writing. You list the facts, legal reasoning, and verdict. Although the professors aren't grading us on it (as our only grade is our final exam), it helps us to understand cases better if we get into the habit of it.