Sunday, August 20, 2006

Dixie'll do it (Part Two)

OK, I feel I should explain the titles of these posts. When we watched local TV, we noticed a prevalence of talking mattress commercials, and one boasted the following not-so-inspiring slogan:

"Dixie'll do it, 'cause Dixie donnnnn't care!"


I'm not really sure what they were thinking with that one, but it doesn't exactly make me want to run out to buy a mattress fr
om them. I searched the Internet for a picture of the little talking mattress guy, but to no avail.

Another not-so-appetizing local advertising campaign

What I do have pictures of are these neat photos from the trip, at the historic Magnolia Plantation:

Lilies from the Magnolia Swamp Garden

And here is something else we found in the swamp - a fun little spider friend that almost gave me a heart attack. Even though Big Dave's camera gave out on the kayak trip, we owe this neat picture to his excellent skills with a camera.

I realize there are many more pictures I want to post, so when I get them org
anized and uploaded to Shutterfly, I'll post the link.

But for now, I've got to get on some of my first law school reading assignments, due beginning Wednesday. Tomorrow is only orientation, but I'm pretty nervous anyway.


So, wish me luck! And while I work on school, I've already got an idea of how to draw attention to my future law office, courtesy of Folly Beach:


What a great vacation. Thanks again to Deb and Dave, who took us there! I'm up for some shacktacular seafood anytime.

1 comment:

Sara Sherman said...

Valerie, nice pictures, as always. You sounded a little nervious on the phone waiting for orientation. Hope it went well, I'm sure it did, and I'm sure your head is spinning with details & dates. Good Luck on law school. Hurry, there are people I want to sue! Mom