Sunday, June 04, 2006

Going to the dogs

Here's me with Jen's dog, Holly, at the Gimme Shelter! Walk for the Animals, hosted by the Red Door Animal Shelter of Chicago. (Holly, at 120 pounds of pure muscle, was walking me, as you can see.)

Here's our mixed group of dog owners, including Jen with Holly, Melissa with Jen's Milo, Veronica with Winston, and Veronica's friend Lisa with Honey. Dave and I were along to help, and take pictures!

As you can see, we had a good turnout this year, probably around 50-75 people (and pooches). Surprisingly, a lot of dachshunds, even a disabled one in a wheelchair!

We also saw some other wildlife at Indian Boundary Park - llamas!!

And baby duckies!! So tiny and fluffy!! (That's baby goslings and baby duckies in one weekend, if anyone is keeping track.)

There are more pictures, but as with the previous bunny post, Blogger won't let me load any more. Jen's Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, Milo, has to be one of the cutest dogs, but unfortunately I didn't get a good picture of him.

So, it's been an exhausting weekend and I'm going to go do some more of my cross-stitch project.

Oh, and I finished "The Devil in the White City" today - an amazing book that I recommend to anyone that loves Chicago and doesn't mind a bit of gore. (And I guess you have to not mind a bit of gore if you're going to love Chicago anyway!)

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I love looking at the pictures from HRS, the random ones from members. It was freaky, I saw one that looked like Butterscotch on a quilt. I know it wasn't her, but it was wierd. -Guess I should've put this comment on your bunny day post. Oh well. Mom

Valerie said...

There was a bunny at the picnic that looked just like Pebs, it was cute.