Monday, October 12, 2020

Chicago Skyline chart & yarn bomb

As I have been yarn bombing Chicago, I got the idea to yarn bomb Chicago. How meta.

It has been a while since I busted out an Excel chart, but I checked out some photos of the Chicago skyline and approximated one. It starts with the Hilton, over to 331 S. Wacker (the "diamond ring" or wedding cake building), the Sears Tower, the CNA building, Smurfit Stone building, the Prudential complex, the Aon Center (formerly Amoco building), and the John Hancock building. Not totally true to where things are in real life, but some of my favorites.

Sweet Home Chicago!

If you want to make your own, either as a wall hanging, scarf, yarn bomb, or whatever, I suggest working on the short edge. If you're knitting, you'll cast on 33 stitches. If you're crocheting. you'll chain 34 and start single crocheting across in the second stitch and in each stitch across.

Installing

I also added about 5 rows of white on each end of it so that it could be attached to the fence posts, and I attached the top with whip stitching. If you are yarn bombing, add whatever flaps you need to properly attach this finished piece.


Sweet home Chicago!

No comments: