Monday, June 25, 2018

Austin: Day 0.5

I had a chance to piggyback on my husband's hotel room for a conference in Austin, so I took it! I have always wanted to visit this city, and I was not disappointed.

Right off the bat, something weird happened - my coworker was on my flight! She was traveling for work to visit some donors in Austin. I encouraged her to join me for dinner at Banger's Sausage House & Beer Garden, which she did, and we immediately began to ogle at the pig decorations:

Pretty sure the taxidermied pig is real
Andréa is a vegetarian, but they actually had a decent amount of meat-free options, despite being a sausage house.

The large back porch area had tons of seating; it was a beautiful night and we enjoyed our beers together. (I think these string lights are required for all homes and businesses in Austin.)

I walked back to the hotel and noticed I was sweating a fair amount even though it was dark out. The heat and humidity were still pretty strong, even after sunset. 

I met up with my husband and his coworkers in the hotel lobby, and unfortunately they had to take me as I was. Still, it was enjoyable for me to finally put faces to names, in a lot of cases. We laughed about the federal government and made fun of Dave's dorkiness about financial aid.

I was really excited to begin exploring the town over the next day and a half!

No comments: