Monday, September 28, 2015

Using up yarn scraps

Lately, I have been posting a lot of photos of squares I have been making for a blanket for charity. I have also used up some scraps of yarn with other projects, one for myself and one for a friend.

I made a super quick headband with back loop single crochet stitches, with this beautiful autumn-colored yarn that looks like a shimmering patina.


Just in time for fall!

I also used up an array of rainbow spectrum yarn to make a double wrapped infinity scarf for a friend:


She's big into LGBT causes, so I knew she would love it.

I am almost done with these leg warmers I've been working on. I need to make a mental note not to make any more projects that involve two of anything (socks, leg warmers, gloves, etc.) if it involves fingering weight yarn. The first one takes forever, and then I think...oh no...I've got to make another one??

As a side note, I am still teaching crochet and knitting in the Cook County Jail with Committed Knitters, and right now we have some super talented people. There are a couple of crocheters working on some big afghans, and one student even crocheted this teddy bear! She learned in the jail and has gotten so good that she's reading patterns on her own. I am so impressed with this girl. (And yes, the bear has a shirt, backpack, and headband - all crocheted by the same student.)

Until next time!

No comments: