Wednesday, June 13, 2012

Van Gogh, I am not

I attended a women's association event last night at Northwestern where we drank wine and made a painting.  A group of us from my office went, and we had a pretty good time.


Basically, the idea was to copy a painting from selection of prints.  There were some flowers and whatnot, but I chose the painting I'd most like in my house:




I thought it was a nice, Mark Rothko-esque modern painting.  Unfortunately, it was also a pain in the ass.  Blending the colors for all those squares was frustrating.  My coworker, who also picked this painting, kept laughing with me about how much our paintings sucked.


I couldn't quite get the washed-out effect on the actual painting.  My colors are much more saturated, which is fine, I guess.  Some people who picked this painting screwed it up much worse than I did, so I felt a bit better.




Makes me want to pick up my brush more often, although maybe I'll pick something a little easier next time.

No comments: