Saturday, November 26, 2011

Thanksgiving!

We had Thanksgiving dinner at my parents' house this year, so we drove down to the southwest suburbs for a couple of days.

My mom and I double-teamed the dinner; she did most of the dishes and the turkey, and I made swirled mashed potatoes and cranberry sauce.


Look at us in our cute aprons!

It was great to relax for a few days with them, as I got plenty of conversation, catching up, and knitting done. We also helped put up the Christmas tree, which I always love.

This year, I'm thankful not only that Dad is still here with us, fighting leukemia, but that he was at home for the holiday. He has needed some blood recently and might have been hospitalized, but instead he got to be home, resting in his chair, talking with us and having meals at home.

I have a lot to be thankful for.

No comments: