Wednesday, May 25, 2011

Earth tone baby blanket

Well, it's the year of weddings and babies. I have five weddings this summer and at least as many friends expecting babies, and the first one was finished and sent just under the wire.


My friend Dan from college and his wife Christy are expecting their first, a boy, who will have an adorable jungle-themed room decor. I figured the brown and green would go well, and Dan suggested those very colors.


The blanket is from a book I recently purchased - I know, I know, I don't need any more books, but come on. I loved almost all the patterns, so you know it was special. Usually you're lucky if you can use one or two patterns from the book.


The cream yarn is a spike stitch, which is a double crochet stitch worked into the second row down from the working row. The stitch included a nice pattern for the border, which took me a couple of tries, but it worked out.

I have some extra yarn, so I might do a toy to go along with the set at some point this summer. I figure a little lion or giraffe would be cute!

One down...many to go!

No comments: