Thursday, October 28, 2010

A decision

Well, it's official - or at least as official as a real estate deal can be before closing. Dave and I are staying in the northwest suburbs.

Yesterday we negotiated with the seller for this beautiful townhome, situated not far from our current condo in Palatine. It's close to the train station, it has interesting, unique features, it has beautiful hardwood floors and updated furnishings, and a lovely view of the golf course (as opposed to someone else's bedroom window). Oh, and a basement. And did I mention the terrace off of the master bedroom?

I'll post pictures when we move in and get situated, but for now, we're just trying to pack up our stuff and prepare for an early December move. I'm so excited I can barely sit still, and last night I woke up at 3 a.m. and couldn't get back to sleep because I was thinking about the townhome.

The plan right now is to close right after Thanksgiving, although we have yet to get a date nailed down, and then hopefully we'll move in the first weekend of December. When I know the exact date, I'll put out the call for people to come and help, if they want, in exchange for delicious baked goods and an impressive snack array. Until then, I'm going to surf the web for things we need, like a kitchen cart, basement shelves, wine rack, dining room table, bedroom set, chest freezer, etc.

Wooooooo!!!

No comments: