Sunday, February 07, 2010

Craft day & space golf

I visited with Diane yesterday for some cooking and crafts. I worked on a hat for Diane, which turned out really cute. Diane worked on a dress for me, which was looking amazing. She finished it earlier today, and I'm so excited to wear it!

We also made a delicious dinner, with portobello mushroom lasagna and meringues chantilly - cute little meringue shells filled with whipped cream and berry sauce. Mmm!

After dinner, we went to Space Golf in Orland Park - similar to the Putting Edge, but all space- and alien-themed.


Dave got pretty excited over this replica of Borg-Picard in the lobby.

Inside there were some replicas of Star Wars machines, such as this ATAT that Dave and Rob are standing under. They had a few other aliens and alien craft, although I especially enjoyed the models from Independence Day and Mars Attacks. Although I wasn't sure why a model of the Terminator was there, considering he wasn't an alien.

Anyway, it was a good time. We saw lots of little alien creatures, and we even got 3-D glasses.

This little robot is pretty low-hanging, and in the middle of this hole, I whacked my head on this thing. It was pretty ironic, because I had to go underneath it to hit a ball, and then I said, "But I'm a big girl!" and stood up sharply, hitting my head. Ohhh irony.

In the end, Dave and Rob tied for best score with 50, I was next with 57, and Diane putted in last at 64. Let's just say that Diane and I took a few "gentlemen's fives" along the way.

I liked the course, but the Putting Edge is decorated better and has more challenging holes. If this place added more obstacles and decorations, it would improve.

Hole in one!

No comments: