Sunday, June 22, 2008

Smell the roses


On the second day of their visit, we took Deb and Dave to the Chicago Botanic Garden, which I am actually quite amazed I have never visited until now. Needless to say, it was amazing. This post is going to be mostly pictures, because we took some really great ones today.


It's times like these I'm glad we have a good camera.

The gardens have a waterfall, which falls in view of the Japanese Garden. We saw it from our initial tram ride around the gardens, then Dave and I walked through later.

The gardens are so peaceful; I was really impressed that they could make such a serene spot in the shadows of corporate buildings and interstates. Actually, I stopped by the information desk on our way out to ask about volunteering. I thought I could hone my gardening skills every other Saturday or so.

I specifically asked about volunteering in the Japanese Garden, pictured above. (And below.)


At any rate, it was a wonderful day, and I'll be sure to update about the volunteering.

We said goodbye to the Mussers in the parking lot, and they began their long journey home. Hopefully we will see them again in August before school rears its ugly head - for the last time, for me!

No comments: