Monday, February 11, 2008

Richard J. Daley, we love you.

Having been to the Daley Courthouse for court filings in the past few months, I began to notice a strange smell.

I asked around my law friends, many of whom have also been to the Daley Center for various things. The best explanation I got is that the place smells like "depression."

However, I believe I pinpointed it on my first day: the Daley Center smells like bleu cheese. I don't know what that means, but it can't be good. It's also possible that I smell like bleu cheese, after my recent love affair with Roquefort. But I still vote that the Daley Center is rotting with mold from the inside out.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

That reminds me of when I was called for jury duty (but didn't get put on a case) and had to go to Will County Courthouse. After parking my car in the parking deck, I got into the elevator. Well, it smelled like the last person lit up a big fat one. Someone got in after me, smelled it also, and looked at me. I said "Hey, don't look at me!" I mean, who would smoke marijuana right across from the courthouse! Mom