Friday, June 09, 2006

On the road again

Sorry, no cute bunny photos today! But, there are some here and here if you really need a fix... Speaking of which, we are reasonably sure Zelda broke into the bedroom last night, then ran back out at some point. Good luck, Rob and Diane, taking care of those little buggers while we're gone. (And thanks!)

So tonight Dave and I leave for Minnesota's Hoot Owl Resort with my family! I have such memories of this place, since my family has been going here since I was about 3 years old. The same owner, Bill, is still there, with his enormous Newfoundlands running around the campgrounds.

This is going to be a very busy summer for us, and I know school will be no better, so along with the intellectually stimulating activities I described in my previous post, "The Summer of Val," I'm excited for the relaxing vacations we have planned, as well.

A week in Minnesota is always good for doing craft projects and reading, so I am bringing my "Watership Down" counted cross-stitch project and "Eats, Shoots & Leaves," my new favorite grammarian manifesto. Dave will be able to read "The Master and Margarita" between various fishing and golfing trips with the Sherman men. (Good luck, Dave!)

Then, in August, we're also going on a weeklong beach trip to Folly Beach near Charleston, S.C. with Dave's parents. What's more relaxing than a week at the beach? And I know I'll be bringing my cross-stitch on that trip, too, since progress is still abysmally slow. (But fun!)

So, enjoy the summer weather, and I'll be back with fun pictures on June 18!

Word of the day:

Discrete: Constituting a separate thing; distinct. Constituting of distinct or unconnected parts.

No comments: