Tuesday, March 21, 2006

First Post - Introduction

Hi everyone, I guess I just couldn't resist the temptation. I created a blog, and I am ashamed of myself. But so far it is fun, and if you're reading this, you must have been curious at what I might say, so I guess it wasn't for naught.

Along with this blog's creation have also been my first forays into selling on eBay. My first two sales will (hopefully) be a porcelain salt & pepper shaker set shaped like cats, and 100 place card holders left over from my October wedding. This web world is a scary place! Hopefully I will figure out how to get pictures on here soon.

Oh, and if you're following the saga of "where will Val and Dave go to school," I have been accepted to DePaul University in Chicago and George Mason University in Washington, D.C. to study intellectual property law. I'm still waiting to hear from Washington University (St. Louis), University of California (Berkeley), Boston College, and the University of Illinois (Urbana-Champaign).

More to come.

Quote of the day:

"Do not desire to seek who once we were,
Or where we did, or what, or in whose name.
Those buildings have been torn down."

From
"City Lovers," by Stephen Vincent Benet, found in the March 19 Chicago Tribune in Mary Schmich's column

2 comments:

Unknown said...

I'm so glad to hear that you're finally one of us!

Valerie said...

"Finally?!" You just made your blog five minutes ago!